Sunday, May 15, 2011

Flashy cards

Tyler really struggles with spelling.  While at the GHEA conference there was a speaker that I posted about earlier, Diane Craft, who talked about jazzing up flash cards and inbedding pictures right into the words for right brained kids.  I have been trying this out with Tyler and he LOVES it.  He especially enjoys using Sharpie markers but I only have black ones, getting more colors for him is on my to-do list.  I randomly asked him days later and he can spell these words that he has struggled with for months right away.  I especially loved his story of "of" (previously spelled 'uv')...The F shot the chicken and his eye popped out to make the O haha!  Such a boy!

She also talks about not using a spelling curriculum.  She recommends using the childs own misspelled words and the list of 1200 most used words.

No comments:

Post a Comment